Since moving to Silicon Valley in June I’ve had at least 25% of my meals and coffee for free and I wanted to share some of the best kept secrets here in the valley. If you are a bootstrapped ramen entrepreneur read carefully!!
Free meals are easiest to come by in three ways:
- Paying it forward with service providers
- Corporate friends
There are a TON of events going on in Silicon Valley for the startup industry, and if you don’t know where to find them sign up now. Many of these events offer free meals and finger food (pizza and waffles are very common), and many of these events are free or very cheap.
If you want to make this method ABSOLUTELY free and foolproof offer to help the event organizer on a volunteer basis in exhange for a free ticket or if you are a blogger offer to write an article or do a cross promotion in exchange for a ticket. By giving something of value to the organizer, reciprocity inevitably takes over
The popularity of online MBA programs has increased significantly, and today we can find numerous accredited web-based MBA programs. The schools offering these
fully online programs actually provide training opportunities for business professionals who formerly were not able to dedicate their time and money toward obtaining an MBA degree. Just check out these highly respected affordable accredited online MBA programs. If you want to discover the most affordable online MBA programs go to the cheapest online MBA.
– University of Louisiana, Monroe (LA)
700 University Avenue, Monroe, LA 71201, Phone: 318-345-0331
The University of Louisiana at Monroe offers an online MA program that ranks among the best online MBA programs in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report. The school has AACSB accreditation (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
The “best value” ranking from GetEducated.com provides further evidence of the value and quality of ULM’s MBA program. The program includes courses in financial analysis, marketing strategy, and international business. The schools’ competitive admission qualifications ensure a challenging education with peers who are seasoned in business. Estimated cost $12,025
Pursuing an online MBA is the most ideal way of completing an advanced business degree for busy professionals who can’t make time for a regular on-campus class schedule but would like to enhance their careers through an MBA degree.
Fortunately, nowadays there are more possibilities such as online MBA no GMAT needed. You should always check if an online MBA is legitimate, and here is how. An online MBA is a viable option for people with a demanding schedule but can’t set aside their work or family obligations to pursue further education.
Because of the online MBA’s popularity, there are quite a few internet-‘schools’ with negative intentions. Fake online programs have flourished while some act as degree mills. This in return has raised concerns of employers and recruiters over the authenticity of degree courses completed online. How do you choose from thousands of schools offering online MBA programs, what programs are legit? Here are some helpful tips to identify and avoid fake programs:
When many people turn from direct phone call to social media and messenger it build a new habit and culture in society. They are easier to write heart’s, feelings, and emotions through social media. first, before the existence of social media, people prefer to call each other, talking about their happiness with each other, their emotions, a sense of joy and sorrow, and their activities. This marks a change in the habits of the people. Especially users of social media, be it Twitter, Facebook, Google plus, and so forth, the influence of a friend, colleague or family is also very big influence someone to use social media. as in a community group or friendship, if any one of their friends who are using one of the social media, call it as Path, another friend of a friend who had come to use the Path, as well as some examples of social media.
I love to collect wine. The problem is that I also love to drink wine. I especially love opening a bottle when friends and family are in town and enjoying the art that is wine as we explore different wines and vintages.
I really started to get into wine over 20 years ago when my good friend Randy and I discovered some excellent wines. Since then my collection has grown to over 1000 bottles and my wife and I make at least one trip up to California wine country a year.
So what have I learned about wine? Well here are some things for the newbie;
1. There is very little correlation between the cost of a bottle of wine and the quality of wine. Right now there is a wine glut and you can get some really excellent bottles of wine for under $20 a bottle. Why spend $100+ on a bottle when you can get 5 really good bottles for the same price?
2. Napa is played out: The next great wines from California are from Sonoma and they are delicious. Some wineries that I recommend are: Papa Pietro Perry, Hartford Family, and Quivera. Napa wines are overpriced and hyped too much. Napa is a beautiful area but big companies have purchased a lot of the great brands and during that time their quality has gone downhill.
Helpful infographic about possible MBA paths and career options.You will also learn how much you can earn following one of the options mentioned in this infographic. If you are interested in an MBA program but you don’t want to spend too much money, please check out: the cheapest online MBA programs that are accredited.
Checklist MBA Resume – Listed below are items and elements that will help you improve your resume and the way you represent yourself. Use this MBA resume checklist and get the results you want.
All these items are based on research by countless HR experts, HR managers, and recruiters.
In order to understand all of the items, it is important to read the list completely. Use the checklist below to update your resume and find out, by using this checklist, what items in your resume are not consistent. Change your resume accordingly. You can also use this checklist as an outline in case you just started to create your resume.
- Two (2) pages is the maximum.
- Always use Arial or Calibri block font style. They are clear and simple to read, unlike Roman that can invoke an “out of touch” feeling.
- Use a font size of 11 or bigger. This makes your resume easy to read.
- Use bold only for emphasis or when appropriate.
- They are aware this is your resume, so don’t use “Resume” in your title.
- Layout and format are important for readability. Key information can be found easier.
- Make clear what you have accomplished.
The golden rules you must apply if want to write a killer MBA application. Use these MBA application essay tips to get what you want.
1. Make sure your application comes in early. Always apply early. MBA programs are popular and will be full before you know. Besides, you will need the time to make sure that you can successfully complete the program.
2. Make sure you address the school you apply to correctly. Karen Miles,who is Dean of Hult Business School, says every year it happens that some students so to say ‘forget’ to alter the name of the institution in their essays. It seems to me that this kind of ‘mistake’ is not only showing indifference but as well no interest at all the unique program of Hult Business School”.
3. Be unique. This is your application and your chance to stand out. Take matters into your own hands and show what you are worth, even in matters that don’t relate to business. Continue reading
Some schools do not demand prerequisite courses before granting students admission to their MBA programs. Often they require that new students will take relevant courses prior to starting the actual coursework as part of the MBA program. However, some schools demand that their newly admitted students have finished certain courses before they are admitted.
A lot of schools demand prerequisite courses in subjects such as statistics, mathematics or economics. Some require courses in marketing and management as well. Those schools that demand prerequisites in mathematics usually require a minimum of one year of calculus, and a minimum of one semester of statistics. Take a look at Kellogg School of Management. Bloomberg rated this business school the fourth best (2014) in the U.S.
Many of this school’s MBA programs require that students take courses in algebra, econometrics, and micro-economics. They also require that their students have an acceptable knowledge of corporate finance and marketing. You also may be required to fulfill a course in basic English. For all these prerequisite courses you must have a minimum grade of C- before you are eligible for admission.
- It can be advised to check out the website of the business school of your choice to find out about specific requirements, but remember that most schools offer these prerequisite courses as part of the MBA program.