I love to collect wine. The problem is that I also love to drink wine. I especially love opening a bottle when friends and family are in town and enjoying the art that is wine as we explore different wines and vintages.
I really started to get into wine over 20 years ago when my good friend Randy and I discovered some excellent wines. Since then my collection has grown to over 1000 bottles and my wife and I make at least one trip up to California wine country a year.
So what have I learned about wine? Well here are some things for the newbie;
1. There is very little correlation between the cost of a bottle of wine and the quality of wine. Right now there is a wine glut and you can get some really excellent bottles of wine for under $20 a bottle. Why spend $100+ on a bottle when you can get 5 really good bottles for the same price?
2. Napa is played out: The next great wines from California are from Sonoma and they are delicious. Some wineries that I recommend are: Papa Pietro Perry, Hartford Family, and Quivera. Napa wines are overpriced and hyped too much. Napa is a beautiful area but big companies have purchased a lot of the great brands and during that time their quality has gone downhill.
Helpful infographic about possible MBA paths and career options.You will also learn how much you can earn following one of the options mentioned in this infographic. If you are interested in an MBA program but you don’t want to spend too much money, please check out: the cheapest online MBA programs that are accredited.
Checklist MBA Resume – Listed below are items and elements that will help you improve your resume and the way you represent yourself. Use this MBA resume checklist and get the results you want.
All these items are based on research by countless HR experts, HR managers, and recruiters.
In order to understand all of the items, it is important to read the list completely. Use the checklist below to update your resume and find out, by using this checklist, what items in your resume are not consistent. Change your resume accordingly. You can also use this checklist as an outline in case you just started to create your resume.
- Two (2) pages is the maximum.
- Always use Arial or Calibri block font style. They are clear and simple to read, unlike Roman that can invoke an “out of touch” feeling.
- Use a font size of 11 or bigger. This makes your resume easy to read.
- Use bold only for emphasis or when appropriate.
- They are aware this is your resume, so don’t use “Resume” in your title.
- Layout and format are important for readability. Key information can be found easier.
- Make clear what you have accomplished.
The golden rules you must apply if want to write a killer MBA application. Use these MBA application essay tips to get what you want.
1. Make sure your application comes in early. Always apply early. MBA programs are popular and will be full before you know. Besides, you will need the time to make sure that you can successfully complete the program.
2. Make sure you address the school you apply to correctly. Karen Miles,who is Dean of Hult Business School, says every year it happens that some students so to say ‘forget’ to alter the name of the institution in their essays. It seems to me that this kind of ‘mistake’ is not only showing indifference but as well no interest at all the unique program of Hult Business School”.
3. Be unique. This is your application and your chance to stand out. Take matters into your own hands and show what you are worth, even in matters that don’t relate to business. Continue reading
Some schools do not demand prerequisite courses before granting students admission to their MBA programs. Often they require that new students will take relevant courses prior to starting the actual coursework as part of the MBA program. However, some schools demand that their newly admitted students have finished certain courses before they are admitted.
A lot of schools demand prerequisite courses in subjects such as statistics, mathematics or economics. Some require courses in marketing and management as well. Those schools that demand prerequisites in mathematics usually require a minimum of one year of calculus, and a minimum of one semester of statistics. Take a look at Kellogg School of Management. Bloomberg rated this business school the fourth best (2014) in the U.S.
Many of this school’s MBA programs require that students take courses in algebra, econometrics, and micro-economics. They also require that their students have an acceptable knowledge of corporate finance and marketing. You also may be required to fulfill a course in basic English. For all these prerequisite courses you must have a minimum grade of C- before you are eligible for admission.
- It can be advised to check out the website of the business school of your choice to find out about specific requirements, but remember that most schools offer these prerequisite courses as part of the MBA program.
Top US Business Schools
East Carolina University College of Business
3203 Bate Building, Greenville, NC 27858-4353, Phone: 252-328-6970, MBA, Online MBA
In 2014, US News and World Report ranked the online MBA program from East Carolina University’s College of Business as number one in North Carolina and one of the best in the nation. The ECU MBA is a program offered by a big, public research university in Greenville, North Carolina, and the school is offering many bachelors, master’s, and Ph.D. programs in many different disciplines.
The school offers over 30 degrees entirely web-based, and is a frontrunner in online education. The school has continuously been recognized by the Princeton Review in their guide ‘The Best 301 Business Schools’, and the online MBA program offered by the College of Business is regarded as a Best Buy by GetEducated.com.
East Carolina University (ECU) was established in 1907 as a training college for teachers.The first name of the school was East Carolina Teachers Training School, and later the school was named East Carolina Teachers College. Via East Carolina College the institution in 1967 finally received the name it is known by today: East Carolina University. In 1936, ECU founded it’s Business School that offers full-time and online MBA degrees.
Nowadays a very popular way of obtaining a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is to achieve this degree via ONLINE programs. Understandably, very often these programs are cheaper. Check out our important list of the cheapest online MBA programs.
Online MBA. You won’t have to go through a full-time business school program saving considerable time and money. You will be able to complete a relatively cheap MBA program while keeping at work with your busy job, and from the comfort of your private quarters, at the time that suits you best, and you won’t have to compromise on your professional and personal obligations.
There are generally two types of online MBA programs available
First, we know the “virtual schools”. These institutions don’t have a physical location and presence, they only exist in the virtual online world. Secondly, there are the established institutions of real brick and mortar, the business schools that are offering their MBA programs in “online versions”. Here we will explain something about both types of cheap MBA online programs and we’ll find out about the actual cost.
The world of international business has never been more challenging. Businesses have to deal with unparalleled complications and tough competition. Customers request more significant benefits, and staff members are required to accomplish a great deal more with substantially less.
Regardless of whether you happen to be on your way up the company hierarchy or just starting out, an MBA could seriously help you start preparing to take your professional career to an advanced level.
Human Resource specialists play an increasingly essential role in modern day corporations, whose achievements are more and more influenced by the company’s capability to acquire, maintain, improve and compensate top talent. Human Resource industry experts are precious possessions, supposed to play a role in both the strategic direction and the functional perspective of the corporation.
Here are affordable online MBA programs in HR. Check also results of our research about the cheapest online MBA
The MBA in Human Resource Management is developed to furnish graduates with the know-how and expertise required to excel in employment opportunities in the substantial and expanding human resources industry. The MBA in Human Resources offers students a robust business foundation and an in-depth understanding of the Human Resource Management field.
Here are the most affordable online MBA programs in Human Resource in the US:
The MBA in Finance provides students with the analytic and theoretical instruments necessary to take control of practical challenges in Finance, with applications to financial management in business firms, financial corporations, government, and non-profit organizations.
Whereas certain attention is directed at the descriptive, institutional, and traditional elements of the discipline, fundamental attention is positioned on the analytic fundamentals of the field, putting an emphasis on basic principle and approaches of analysis and comprehensive application of appropriate techniques of economic analysis, mathematics, and statistics. Here are the most affordable online MBA programs in Finance.
This MBA program is meant for students who already have established their professional careers with careers in financial departments of for example non-financial organizations, investment banking institutions, and management consulting firms.
Here are the 15 most affordable Online MBAs in Finance: